Anger at continued flooding on Fluxton road
- Credit: Archant
Councillors said they are angry the road through Fluxton is still under water, weeks after flooding made it impassable.
At last week’s Ottery Town Council meeting the situation was described as ‘very bad’, with any rainfall stopping traffic getting between the town and Tipton
Councillor Paul Carter said the culvert under the road still blocked, adding: “I don’t think there are many places worse in Devon, it’s been flooded for weeks now.”
His colleague Roger Giles said a highways team had come to fix the problem in late January but was told they had jetted the ‘wrong culvert’, and urged them to come back as soon as possible to do the job properly.
A Devon County Council spokesman said: “We are aware that the ditch at this site is full and as a result it overtops onto the carriageway during any rainfall.
You may also want to watch:
“Unfortunately, highways teams were unable to clear the standing water with the jetter on their initial visit. They are expecting to return as soon as can be arranged.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 10 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp