Anger at continued flooding on Fluxton road
- Credit: Archant
Councillors said they are angry the road through Fluxton is still under water, weeks after flooding made it impassable.
At last week’s Ottery Town Council meeting the situation was described as ‘very bad’, with any rainfall stopping traffic getting between the town and Tipton
Councillor Paul Carter said the culvert under the road still blocked, adding: “I don’t think there are many places worse in Devon, it’s been flooded for weeks now.”
His colleague Roger Giles said a highways team had come to fix the problem in late January but was told they had jetted the ‘wrong culvert’, and urged them to come back as soon as possible to do the job properly.
A Devon County Council spokesman said: “We are aware that the ditch at this site is full and as a result it overtops onto the carriageway during any rainfall.
You may also want to watch:
“Unfortunately, highways teams were unable to clear the standing water with the jetter on their initial visit. They are expecting to return as soon as can be arranged.”
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop