Ottery animal sanctuary full with dogs left without homes this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
An animal sanctuary is full of dogs that won’t have a home this Christmas.
ARC Animal Rescue Centre, in Ottery, has been inundated in the run up to the festive season and are now completely full.
Crystal Scott, the current owner of ARC, said before every holiday season it was normal to have a large number of animals being brought in.
She added: “The most common reason is the break up of a relationship.
“Other people just get to a point in their life where things change - perhaps they’re going back to work full time and there is no one about to watch the dog all day.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Scott said that there were more older people in Sidmouth and Ottery which was also a contributing factor. She added: “Illness is always a big one.
“If people are ill and can’t walk, they can’t walk the dog. And, of course, people dying.”
If you are interested in giving a dog a forever home visit www.arcrescue.co.uk or call 01404 815487.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
In the coming weeks, the Herald will be running features on each dog to try and find them their forever home.