Ann is new NHS chief executive
NEW chief executive at NHS Devon is Ann James. She takes the helm of the �1.2 billion organisation after the recent departure of Dr Kevin Snee.
NEW chief executive at NHS Devon is Ann James.
She takes the helm of the �1.2 billion organisation after the recent departure of Dr Kevin Snee.
NHS Devon is responsible for commissioning healthcare services for the county's 750,000 residents.
Its chairman, Dr David Radford, said: "We are delighted to have made such a good appointment.
"Ann really impressed the interview panel with her grasp of the challenges we face, not least balancing the needs of patients with national priorities and further improving local services.
"Ann was the unanimous choice of the panel and we know she is going to make a really positive impact on healthcare in Devon."
- 1 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 2 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 3 Exeter vaccine centre at Greendale will remain open
- 4 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 5 Managing the woodland at the Knapp in Sidmouth
- 6 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 7 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 8 New police station will help address challenges in keeping residents safe
- 9 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 10 Fire training exercise at Newton Poppleford
She currently leads NHS Cornwall and Isles of Scilly which she joined from NHS Plymouth as chief executive in 2006.