Ann is new NHS chief executive
NEW chief executive at NHS Devon is Ann James. She takes the helm of the �1.2 billion organisation after the recent departure of Dr Kevin Snee.
NEW chief executive at NHS Devon is Ann James.
She takes the helm of the �1.2 billion organisation after the recent departure of Dr Kevin Snee.
NHS Devon is responsible for commissioning healthcare services for the county's 750,000 residents.
Its chairman, Dr David Radford, said: "We are delighted to have made such a good appointment.
You may also want to watch:
"Ann really impressed the interview panel with her grasp of the challenges we face, not least balancing the needs of patients with national priorities and further improving local services.
"Ann was the unanimous choice of the panel and we know she is going to make a really positive impact on healthcare in Devon."
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 8 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
She currently leads NHS Cornwall and Isles of Scilly which she joined from NHS Plymouth as chief executive in 2006.