Ann is new NHS chief executive
NEW chief executive at NHS Devon is Ann James. She takes the helm of the �1.2 billion organisation after the recent departure of Dr Kevin Snee.
NEW chief executive at NHS Devon is Ann James.
She takes the helm of the �1.2 billion organisation after the recent departure of Dr Kevin Snee.
NHS Devon is responsible for commissioning healthcare services for the county's 750,000 residents.
Its chairman, Dr David Radford, said: "We are delighted to have made such a good appointment.
You may also want to watch:
"Ann really impressed the interview panel with her grasp of the challenges we face, not least balancing the needs of patients with national priorities and further improving local services.
"Ann was the unanimous choice of the panel and we know she is going to make a really positive impact on healthcare in Devon."
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 What will you find in this year's butterfly count?
- 7 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 8 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 9 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 10 Young talent emerging in local cricket
She currently leads NHS Cornwall and Isles of Scilly which she joined from NHS Plymouth as chief executive in 2006.