Ann is new NHS chief executive
NEW chief executive at NHS Devon is Ann James. She takes the helm of the �1.2 billion organisation after the recent departure of Dr Kevin Snee.
NEW chief executive at NHS Devon is Ann James.
She takes the helm of the �1.2 billion organisation after the recent departure of Dr Kevin Snee.
NHS Devon is responsible for commissioning healthcare services for the county's 750,000 residents.
Its chairman, Dr David Radford, said: "We are delighted to have made such a good appointment.
You may also want to watch:
"Ann really impressed the interview panel with her grasp of the challenges we face, not least balancing the needs of patients with national priorities and further improving local services.
"Ann was the unanimous choice of the panel and we know she is going to make a really positive impact on healthcare in Devon."
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 6 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 9 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 10 After shopping in town why not give your feet a treat
She currently leads NHS Cornwall and Isles of Scilly which she joined from NHS Plymouth as chief executive in 2006.