Ann Widdecombe names new Peco coaches at Beer
Former Shadow Health Secretary guest at Pecorama’s open garden day
IT was full-steam ahead for Strictly Come Dancing stalwart Ann Widdecombe, who made a guest appearance at Pecorama at Beer’s open garden day for charity on Sunday.
The former Conservative Shadow Home Secretary and Shadow Health Secretary, whose fame went global during her 10-week stint on the TV dance contest, brought into service the newest set of coaches on the Beer Heights Light Railway, officially naming them Jurassic Coast Express.
The news of Miss Widdecombe’s appearance trebled visitor numbers for the free event and charities to benefit were Devon Air Ambulance and Seaton Hospital League of Friends and home nursing service.
Miss Widdecombe chose the winning ticket in Seaton Hospital League of Friends draw.
You may also want to watch:
The League of Friends had several stalls which made �1,292 and also raised �606.69 in collection buckets.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity