Annual meet for Churches Together in Sidmouth
THE annual meeting of Churches Together in Sidmouth took place on Thursday, May 28 in St. Teresa s Hall.
THE annual meeting of Churches Together in Sidmouth took place on Thursday, May 28 in St. Teresa's Hall.
Ministers and representatives of Sid Valley churches and affiliated Christian organisations were present.
Unanimously re-elected were Mrs. Joan Edgecumbe as chair, Mrs. Dora Petty as treasurer and Mr. Michael Edgecumbe as events co-ordinator and media officer.
Newly elected were the vice chair, Mrs. Barbara Dorey, and secretary Mrs. Jackie Stephens.
You may also want to watch:
A presentation was made to the retiring secretary, Mr. John Defoe, in appreciation of his several years of diligent service.
Mrs Edgecumbe reported: "It has been an eventful year for CTiS, not least because of the Hope'08 initiatives.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 9 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 10 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
This involved some us in Prayer Days, Walks of Witness, the placing of Prayer Point boxes, painting the Girl Guide Headquarters Hut, mowing the Boy Scouts' field on Salcombe Hill, providing a Family Resource board in the Sidmouth Police Station, making and placing a CTiS information board in the Library for a week and baking and serving hundreds of potatoes for the Folk Week Hot Potato event in the Methodist Hall.
Well done and thank you to all those who took part in any of these activities with thanks to Reverend Dave Brown for chairing and leading the Hope'08 team and to Mike Edgecumbe for coordinating and publicising everything.
The regular calendar events have also been successful and we have been able to make collections for Shelter Box at the Festival Service and for the Salvation Army at the Christmas Carol Singing as well as for Christian Aid from a united service.
We welcomed Living Stones into associate membership last year and they have been very keen and hardworking participants throughout the year.
The Emmanuel Church were invited to join CTiS as associate or full members but sadly I have to report that we have had a negative response.
I would very much like to thank John Defoe for his great supporting role as secretary and wish him well for the future. I thank Dora Petty for her reliable work as our Treasurer and Mike for coordinating and publicising all our activities.