Dog walker witnesses latest East Beach cliff fall in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
There has been another cliff fall at Sidmouth’s East Beach.
A woman out walking her dogs saw part of the cliff face collapse at about 9pm on Wednesday evening (May 13), and took these photos.
Emma Hunter said: “Having seen the impact of past falls on our eroding coastline, I have never actually seen one happen until this evening.
“You could literally taste the dust in the air.”
There has been an unprecedented number of rock falls at East Beach this year.
You may also want to watch:
In April the old Alma Bridge, which was still being used as an emergency exit on and off the beach, was sealed off because of the risk.
A new bridge has been under construction 40 metres upstream and was due to be finished by the end of Spring 2020, but work has been delayed because of the coronavirus outbreak.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride