Anti-social behaviour stamped out in Sidmouth
SIDMOUTH shopkeepers and parents are being asked for their help in stopping anti-social behaviour around Hallowe en. The Community Safety Partnership has sent letters via schools to parents and carers to advise children not to throw eggs and flour, and to
SIDMOUTH shopkeepers and parents are being asked for their help in stopping anti-social behaviour around Hallowe'en.
The Community Safety Partnership has sent letters via schools to parents and carers to advise children not to throw eggs and flour, and to supervise any 'trick or treat' activities.
Shopkeepers are being asked to be on their guard when selling eggs and flour.
The partnership is also writing to firework retailers asking them not sell fireworks to anyone under 18, or to someone who they know is likely to misuse them.
You may also want to watch:
Letters to all the shop keepers are being hand-delivered by Neighbourhood Beat Managers and Police Community Support Officers, who can also offer advice about stopping this anti-social behaviour.
Gerry Moore, community safety and anti-social behaviour co-ordinator for East Devon, said: "We have worked with parents, the police and retailers for the last six years at this time of year, and as a result the number of incidents of anti social behaviour has shown no increase and in some years has actually reduced across East Devon. We must continue working together to make everyone in the community feel safe and free from worry about this kind of nuisance behaviour.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98