Antiques Roadshow-style valuation comes to Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Could you be housing an item of scientific or maritime value?
Sidmouth residents with scientific instruments or maritime memorabilia are being invited to have their belongings valued.
Expert Charles Miller will be hosting an 'Antiques Roadshow' style event at Sidmouth Conservative Club on Monday, July 22.
Visitors can come along with their items to discuss its significance with Mr Miller and receive a free auction valuation.
The types of items that are being considered include globes, sundials and compasses or items relating to battles, ships and navy personnel.
You may also want to watch:
Recent evaluations have unearthed items like a pocket globe that sold for £7,688, a U-boat bell worth £13,640 and a Napoleonic prisoner of war model sold for £8,680.
Mr Miller said: "Whether it is a painting, binoculars, ship model, telescope, book, photographs, flag or even a microscope that has been in the attic for a while or even something inherited, bring it along to find out more."
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
The event will run from 10am to 4pm. No appointment is necessary.