Antiques Roadshow star’s �250 for air ambulance
Eric Knowles Sidmouth appearance boosts charity
ANTIQUES Roadshow expert Eric Knowles, pictured, helped raise around �250 for Devon Air Ambulance when he staged a talk in Sidmouth last Saturday.
The BBC star spoke on ‘The History of Moorcroft’ at the Methodist Church Hall after teaming up with Goviers of Sidmouth to launch a new collection.
Mr Knowles gave two talks with particular emphasis on the last 25 years and the influence that Hugh and Maureen Edwards have had on such iconic art pottery, which today leads the market. The pair rescued the company in 1986.
A new ‘Circles of Life’ collection has been put together personally by Hugh and Maureen, with the help of their designers, to celebrate their 25 years at the Moorcroft helm. The collection was previewed at the event, along with Goviers’ unrivalled stock of Moorcroft pottery.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds from ticket sales went to Devon Air Ambulance.
Goviers manager, Alan Morgenroth, said: “We had a very successful weekend. Everyone enjoyed Eric’s entertaining and informative talk. The new collection that he launched was extremely well received.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon