Antiques Roadshow star’s �250 for air ambulance
Eric Knowles Sidmouth appearance boosts charity
ANTIQUES Roadshow expert Eric Knowles, pictured, helped raise around �250 for Devon Air Ambulance when he staged a talk in Sidmouth last Saturday.
The BBC star spoke on ‘The History of Moorcroft’ at the Methodist Church Hall after teaming up with Goviers of Sidmouth to launch a new collection.
Mr Knowles gave two talks with particular emphasis on the last 25 years and the influence that Hugh and Maureen Edwards have had on such iconic art pottery, which today leads the market. The pair rescued the company in 1986.
A new ‘Circles of Life’ collection has been put together personally by Hugh and Maureen, with the help of their designers, to celebrate their 25 years at the Moorcroft helm. The collection was previewed at the event, along with Goviers’ unrivalled stock of Moorcroft pottery.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds from ticket sales went to Devon Air Ambulance.
Goviers manager, Alan Morgenroth, said: “We had a very successful weekend. Everyone enjoyed Eric’s entertaining and informative talk. The new collection that he launched was extremely well received.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 3 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 4 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 5 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 6 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 8 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 9 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 10 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live