Man dies and six-year-old injured in A30 collision
- Credit: Archant
Appeal for information following a three vehicle collision on Thursday.
A man has died following a three vehicle collision on the A30.
Police are appealing for dashcam footage and witnesses to come forward following the incident on Thursday (May 30), where a 36-year-old man from the Basingstoke area died.
A police spokesman reported a non-injury collision had occurred between a grey Audi S3 and a lorry, before a white VW motor caravan collided with the rear of the lorry. Emergency services were called to the Honiton-bound carriageway near Parsons Bridge at 2.20pm. Local police teams, paramedics, and officers from the roads policing team, and serious collision investigation team attended.
The driver of the caravan was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A six-year-old girl who was the passenger of the caravan sustained minor injuries and taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, where she was later discharged.
The driver of the Audi, a 56-year-old woman from Budleigh Salterton, and lorry driver, a 54-year-old man, were uninjured.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 8 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 10 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
Devon and Cornwall police has urged any witnesses, or members of the public with dashcam footage, to call 101, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting log number 605 30/05/19.