Appeal for collectors to ensure Red Arrows return to Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
The RAF’s acclaimed aerobatic team will perform over Sidmouth on Friday, August 25, to open the regatta weekend – but support is needed to ensure the spectacle is repeated next year.
The Red Arrows will be joined by the ever-popular Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, whose pilots will be performing flypasts from 6pm.
The ‘Reds’ will be performing their full display from 6.30pm.
Town clerk Christopher Holland said: “Last year saw record crowds enjoy what organisers, residents and visitors called the best display ever over the natural amphitheatre of the seafront.
“Though supported and organised by Sidmouth Town Council, the costs have been borne entirely from the kind generosity of sponsors and the public attending through their donations. In order to see this continue as an annual event, more than 100 collectors are needed along The Esplanade and on the hills either side of the valley.
You may also want to watch:
“Without more volunteers, this year could be the last time Sidmouth sees such an event.”
Anyone interested in collecting should call Oliver Salter on 07966 064685.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon