Appeal for volunteers to help support neighbours in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Opportunities range from cooking, to DIY, to offering friendship and a cup of tea
Volunteers are being sought in Sidmouth to provide support and friendship for people as part of a Big Lottery-funded project.
From having a chat and cup of tea, to helping with basic DIY, there are numerous opportunities under the Healthy Neighbourhoods scheme for anyone willing to help those who need it in their area.
Open days will be held at Sidmouth Library on Wednesday, March 1, and Wednesday, March 29, from 10am to noon, where residents are invited to come and find out more about being a volunteer.
Project manager Sarah Forde said: “Volunteer opportunities include supporting a person to return home from hospital, including making their home ready, turning the heating on, picking up essential items from the shop, having a cooked meal ready for them; supporting with practical help, putting their bins out, helping with DIY, fitting a key safe, befriending, having a cuppa and chat with a person in their home, helping them to prepare their lunch.
You may also want to watch:
“Volunteers can get involved at a level to suit them, and give as much time as they are able to. Free training is provided, including a comprehensive induction programme with continued support to help all volunteers. Agreed out of pocket expenses will also be paid.”
For more information on Healthy Neighbourhoods, call: 01392 824752.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman