Appeal’s Christmas cards go global
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth residents have added another £880 to the Admiral Nurse Campaign kitty following the success of the appeal’s charity Christmas cards.
More than 4,000 cards were sent out across the globe with a painted landscape of ‘Sidmouth in the snow’.
The Sid Valley Memory Cafe approached artist Margaret Adams to utilise her painting skills to boost the fundraising effort.
Mrs Adams said: “They have gone all around the world.
“They could carry this on to next Christmas and sell them again next year.”
You may also want to watch:
The cards were sold in packs of 10 from Paragon Books in the lead up to Christmas.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites