Appeal to bicycle owners to reclaim property in Sidmouth and more news
Bike owners, who have seen their cycles stolen or lost, have been told they may be in the possession of Sidmouth police. Read this and more.
CYCLE HAUL: Bike owners, who have seen their cycles stolen or lost, have been told they may be in the possession of Sidmouth police. Children’s pink Barbie and yellow Magna bikes and a silver and blue scooter have been found by officers. A white and black BMX and a ladies’ white and green bike, as well as men’s grey and silver hybrid Giant, black, blue and white GT Avalanche and red Raleigh Scorpion bikes are also in the possession of the neighbourhood team. To claim a cycle, contact PCSO 30019 Jay Pepper by dialling 101.
HOT OVEN: An oven blaze at a property in Newton Poppleford saw firefighters from Sidmouth race to the village on Sunday night. A pair of crews were called to Lower Farthings at 7.26pm but the small fire was already out. They inspected the area before leaving.
BEETLE DRIVE: Sid Valley Memory Caf� is hosting a Christmas fair and ‘Beetle Drive’ on Friday, December 9, in Stowford Community Centre. It starts at 7.15pm, tickets cost �5 and are available from Angela or Derek on 01395 542574.
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 4 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 5 'We'll have to put up with roadworks for a few weeks'
- 6 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 7 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 8 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 9 'Good news - a new restaurant in Sidmouth!'
- 10 Exeter vaccine centre at Greendale will remain open
ENERGY SURVEY: The Sid Vale Energy Action group is conducting a survey of energy use in Sidmouth. Chair Derek Chant said the purpose is to identify which energy issues are most relevant to residents, and the results will allow them to shape their future events and online content. It can be completed online at www.visionforsidmouth.org or at the next community market, on Saturday, December 3 in St John’s Ambulance Hall on Blackmore Drive. A lucky draw winner who completes the survey at the market will win a local food treat and a voucher donated by Taste of Sidmouth.
HOSPISCARE: Sidmouth Hospiscare will stage a table-top sale and coffee morning next Saturday, December 3, from 10am to 12 noon at Newton Poppleford Village Hall.
FLOWER FUNDRAISER: A Christmas-themed floral demonstration in aid of the Sidmouth Victoria Hospital Comforts Fund will be held at Kennway House on Wednesday, December 7, from 10.30am. Tickets (�10) from Paragon books.