Appeal to bicycle owners to reclaim property in Sidmouth and more news
Bike owners, who have seen their cycles stolen or lost, have been told they may be in the possession of Sidmouth police. Read this and more.
CYCLE HAUL: Bike owners, who have seen their cycles stolen or lost, have been told they may be in the possession of Sidmouth police. Children’s pink Barbie and yellow Magna bikes and a silver and blue scooter have been found by officers. A white and black BMX and a ladies’ white and green bike, as well as men’s grey and silver hybrid Giant, black, blue and white GT Avalanche and red Raleigh Scorpion bikes are also in the possession of the neighbourhood team. To claim a cycle, contact PCSO 30019 Jay Pepper by dialling 101.
HOT OVEN: An oven blaze at a property in Newton Poppleford saw firefighters from Sidmouth race to the village on Sunday night. A pair of crews were called to Lower Farthings at 7.26pm but the small fire was already out. They inspected the area before leaving.
You may also want to watch:
BEETLE DRIVE: Sid Valley Memory Caf� is hosting a Christmas fair and ‘Beetle Drive’ on Friday, December 9, in Stowford Community Centre. It starts at 7.15pm, tickets cost �5 and are available from Angela or Derek on 01395 542574.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 The more we work together the better it will be
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
ENERGY SURVEY: The Sid Vale Energy Action group is conducting a survey of energy use in Sidmouth. Chair Derek Chant said the purpose is to identify which energy issues are most relevant to residents, and the results will allow them to shape their future events and online content. It can be completed online at www.visionforsidmouth.org or at the next community market, on Saturday, December 3 in St John’s Ambulance Hall on Blackmore Drive. A lucky draw winner who completes the survey at the market will win a local food treat and a voucher donated by Taste of Sidmouth.
HOSPISCARE: Sidmouth Hospiscare will stage a table-top sale and coffee morning next Saturday, December 3, from 10am to 12 noon at Newton Poppleford Village Hall.
FLOWER FUNDRAISER: A Christmas-themed floral demonstration in aid of the Sidmouth Victoria Hospital Comforts Fund will be held at Kennway House on Wednesday, December 7, from 10.30am. Tickets (�10) from Paragon books.