Appeal to find Sidford garage’s stolen courtesy car
- Credit: Archant
A Sidford garage owner is appealing for information after one of his courtesy cars was stolen.
Gordon Legg, of East Devon Garage, believes the black and beige Smart car was taken on either July 5 or 6 after working hours.
The car had been locked behind the gates for repair work but it was only discovered missing on Monday.
Mr Legg said: “We have been really busy with some big jobs so we had been concentrating on them. It has started to get back to day to day stuff and that’s when we find it had gone missing.
“I have spent money to get it up and running. It affects our work, I have had to cancel work. I put it on Facebook to get it out there so people know it’s happen.”
You may also want to watch:
The businessman took to social media with pictures of the vehicle, which has been shared more than 118 times.
A police spokesman said the incident occurred between Wednesday, July 5, and Monday, July 17.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting crime reference 058693/17