Appeal to find Sidford garage’s stolen courtesy car
- Credit: Archant
A Sidford garage owner is appealing for information after one of his courtesy cars was stolen.
Gordon Legg, of East Devon Garage, believes the black and beige Smart car was taken on either July 5 or 6 after working hours.
The car had been locked behind the gates for repair work but it was only discovered missing on Monday.
Mr Legg said: “We have been really busy with some big jobs so we had been concentrating on them. It has started to get back to day to day stuff and that’s when we find it had gone missing.
“I have spent money to get it up and running. It affects our work, I have had to cancel work. I put it on Facebook to get it out there so people know it’s happen.”
You may also want to watch:
The businessman took to social media with pictures of the vehicle, which has been shared more than 118 times.
A police spokesman said the incident occurred between Wednesday, July 5, and Monday, July 17.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting crime reference 058693/17