Appeal to reunite Jake with lost hearing aid
- Credit: Archant
A deaf school boy and his family are appealing for help to reunite him with his hearing aid after he lost it on Sidmouth beach.
Jake Brown has been without his cochlear implant since Wednesday (August 29) after taking it out to go for a swim in the sea.
The 13-year-old has won the implant and a hearing aid since he was a baby after battling cancer.
His family had been sitting opposite from Mocha coffee shop and did not realise it was missing until they were in the car driving to Exmouth.
They have returned to Sidmouth to retrace their steps and appealed for help on social media before they return home to Tamworth tomorrow (Saturday).
You may also want to watch:
His mum Jane said: “Jake gave it to me to look after whilst he went in the sea. I was sat taking pictures and when we decided to go I’d just assumed Jake had picked it up and was wearing it.
“It must have dropped when we stood up from the beach. We’d gone all the way back to Exmouth before I realised he wasn’t wearing it. So we drove straight back down to where we were sat and retraced back to where car was parked. No luck. We have even had some kind people on the beach looking too.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
We’re going back down to Sidmouth later to see if anyone has handed it in. I don’t hold out much hope of finding it now on the beach. We’re off home tomorrow to Tamworth so fingers crossed someone has picked it up. I really appreciate everyone’s help as it’s so important to Jake.”
If you spot the hearing aid please contact Jane directly on 07794965580.