Sidmouth’s ‘iconic’ beach boat needs urgent replacement
- Credit: Archant
An ‘iconic’ boat that has proven a photographic centre piece on Sidmouth beach is in urgent need of replacing.
The rowing boat was installed in 2013 and has acted as a barrier to protect Sidmouth in Bloom’s beach garden, enduring years of rough weather, before being demolished in a recent stormy spell.
Sidmouth in Bloom says the boat has been removed for health and safety reasons but is appealing to find a new large dinghy or rowing boat quickly.
Lynette Talbot, chairman of the group, said: “The boat on the beach has been a great source of inspiration for budding photographers and its image has won awards for them.
“The beach garden is an important ecological site to help endangered plants to survive and the boat enhances the site.”
You may also want to watch:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Lynette on 01395 578081 if you can help.
The group’s next event is sunflower seed sowing at Sidmouth Library this Saturday (May 5).
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth Tennis Club serves up treat at Easter triples' tournament
The event is suitable for children aged four upwards and will start from 10.30am in the library’s entrance.