Apples galore at Powderham this Sunday
Visitors to Powderham Castle on Sunday will be able to enjoy a fun-filled day for all the family. There will be apple pressing to get involved with, apple delights to taste in the Victorian Kitchen and lots of apple themed activities for children. There
Visitors to Powderham Castle on Sunday will be able to enjoy a fun-filled day for all the family.
There will be apple pressing to get involved with, apple delights to taste in the Victorian Kitchen and lots of apple themed activities for children.
There will be an apple trail to follow around the grounds and Happy Chappy Apples to spot on a tour inside the Castle.
Face painting and apple rolling will be amongst the popular activities for younger ones and everyone will enjoy taking part in the apple pressing.
You may also want to watch:
Apple lovers are encouraged to bring along their own apples (max two buckets per person) for pressing in Pomona the apple press.
There will be juice available for sale as well.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
Pressing takes place from 10.30am to 4.30pm.
An apple expert will be on-hand to answer questions and offer advice during Apple Question Time at 2.30pm and there will be some unusual varieties to taste in the Victorian Kitchen.