Application lodged for ‘Shepherd Huts’ holiday accommodation in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Plans to build four ‘shepherd huts’ holiday properties in Stowford have been submitted to East Devon District Council (EDDC).
The proposal has been put forward by Mr Coletti – a local businessman who developed Kingsdown Business Park, in Salcombe Regis.
The planning application states there has been a significant increase in the demand for the supply of shepherd huts and the applicants – Sidmouth Shepherd Huts – wanted to further develop the building and manufacturing of shepherd huts on the land adjacent to their home.
The applicants said they wish to build four completed huts as a showcase to produce further income that will supplement and sustain the future of their business.
Whilst the business would be an all year-round concern, the shepherd huts will provide a unique insight to holidaying from a bygone age with modern facilities coupled with an affordable experience that will encourage the visitors back on a seasonal basis.
You may also want to watch:
The final decision on the application will be made by EDDC.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 7 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 10 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights