Sunday deadline for Ottery shopfront grants applications
- Credit: Archant
Traders in Ottery St Mary have until Sunday (June 14) to apply for grants to improve their shopfronts.
The town council wants to give shops and other businesses a boost as they reopen after lockdown.
The council will pay 50 per cent of the cost, up to a maximum of £500 per applicant.
A total of £10,000 will be available.
A spokesman said: “We would welcome applications from any shop or business in the town that is looking to approve the appearance of its premises.
You may also want to watch:
“The scheme covers small building work, repairs, maintenance and anything else that may enhance your building - new energy efficient lighting or fittings, hanging baskets, shop window display equipment or improving disabled access.
“Please let us know what you would like to do.”
Applicants should visit the Ottery St Mary Town Council website where there is a link to the application form.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
Decisions on the successful applicants will be made on Monday, June 15.