Apprentice Tom serves up second place in competition
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth apprentice has impressed industry experts and landed second place in a competition for trainees.
Tom Spiller, of the Victoria Hotel, is only 10 months into his level two qualification as a chef and apprentice as part of the Brend Academy.
He wowed judges with his lamb dish, which he cooked up in 45 minutes.
The 21-year-old competed against eight other apprentices last Tuesday as part of their training.
Stuart White, head chef at the Victoria Hotel, said: “He did a really good job. I’m really proud of him.
You may also want to watch:
“I would be quite happy for Tom to run that dish at a more national competition.
“He’s really going to be an asset to the hotel.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
Casting their eyes over proceedings were the group’s directors, Peter Brend Junior and Matthew Brend. They were joined by Peter Brend Senior and Andre Mosedale, principal of the Brend Academy.