‘Appy Christmas’ from EDDC
PUBLISHED: 13:46 26 November 2013 | UPDATED: 13:48 26 November 2013
THE district council has introduced a smart new service for residents who like to carry out their business on their mobile phones.
The authority launched an East Devon App – with a little help from Santa – at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre last Thursday before a Christmas-themed show.
It enables people to access various council services on their smartphone - with both iPhone and Android systems supported.
Since the app is a free gift to residents for Christmas and the new year, the council is using promotional cards wishing people an “Appy New Year”.
Through the app, residents can now:
• Complete ‘Report It’ forms to advise of fly-tipping, a missed collection or a dead animal;
• View times of waste and recycling collections and sign up for weekly reminders;
• Find useful places like recycling banks, car parks and public toilets;
• Check local food hygiene ratings;
• See local councillor contact details;
• View council contact information;
• Access council news stories;
• Read council tweets.
They will soon be able to view planning applications in their area.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.