‘Appy Christmas’ from EDDC
- Credit: Archant
THE district council has introduced a smart new service for residents who like to carry out their business on their mobile phones.
The authority launched an East Devon App – with a little help from Santa – at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre last Thursday before a Christmas-themed show.
It enables people to access various council services on their smartphone - with both iPhone and Android systems supported.
Since the app is a free gift to residents for Christmas and the new year, the council is using promotional cards wishing people an “Appy New Year”.
Through the app, residents can now:
You may also want to watch:
• Complete ‘Report It’ forms to advise of fly-tipping, a missed collection or a dead animal;
• View times of waste and recycling collections and sign up for weekly reminders;
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Sidmouth's Repo Man TV star Sean doubles as Marvel film superhero
- 8 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 9 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 10 A remarkably good 50th anniversary for Sidmouth Music
• Find useful places like recycling banks, car parks and public toilets;
• Check local food hygiene ratings;
• See local councillor contact details;
• View council contact information;
• Access council news stories;
• Read council tweets.
They will soon be able to view planning applications in their area.