‘Appy Christmas’ from EDDC
- Credit: Archant
THE district council has introduced a smart new service for residents who like to carry out their business on their mobile phones.
The authority launched an East Devon App – with a little help from Santa – at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre last Thursday before a Christmas-themed show.
It enables people to access various council services on their smartphone - with both iPhone and Android systems supported.
Since the app is a free gift to residents for Christmas and the new year, the council is using promotional cards wishing people an “Appy New Year”.
Through the app, residents can now:
You may also want to watch:
• Complete ‘Report It’ forms to advise of fly-tipping, a missed collection or a dead animal;
• View times of waste and recycling collections and sign up for weekly reminders;
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 8 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 9 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 10 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
• Find useful places like recycling banks, car parks and public toilets;
• Check local food hygiene ratings;
• See local councillor contact details;
• View council contact information;
• Access council news stories;
• Read council tweets.
They will soon be able to view planning applications in their area.