Arrest made after police find body near Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Archant
A 66-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after the body of a woman was found near Ottery St Mary.
Police were called to the area of Fenny Bridges at around 4pm yesterday (Wednesday) where they found the body in a vehicle.
The woman has yet to be formally identified, but police believe her to be a 71-year-old local woman.
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said a forensic post mortem was due to be carried out.
The spokesman said: “Investigating and scene of crime officers will today continue an examination of a vehicle and the area in Fenny Bridges where it was discovered.
You may also want to watch:
“A 66-year-old man is in police custody at Heavitree Road Police Station having been arrested on suspicion of murder and is assisting police with their enquiries.
“Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident.”
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 7 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight