Arrest made after police find body near Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Archant
A 66-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after the body of a woman was found near Ottery St Mary.
Police were called to the area of Fenny Bridges at around 4pm yesterday (Wednesday) where they found the body in a vehicle.
The woman has yet to be formally identified, but police believe her to be a 71-year-old local woman.
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said a forensic post mortem was due to be carried out.
The spokesman said: “Investigating and scene of crime officers will today continue an examination of a vehicle and the area in Fenny Bridges where it was discovered.
You may also want to watch:
“A 66-year-old man is in police custody at Heavitree Road Police Station having been arrested on suspicion of murder and is assisting police with their enquiries.
“Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident.”
- 1 As fuel poverty bites we ask who cares for the carers?
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 4 East Devon affordable housing task force
- 5 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 10 Village panto group secures prestigious national award