Art demonstration by Phil Creek at OVAS
- Credit: Phil Creek
The well-known painter and arts academician will show how he captures a local scene in acrylics
A well-known East Devon-based painter of outdoor landscapes and seascapes is the guest at the Otter Vale Art Society's meeting on Friday, June 7.
Phil Creek, who is also a South West Arts academician, will demonstrate his techniques as he paints a local scene in acrylics.
His career included a spell as director of The Beaford Arts Centre, lecturing on The Masters in Education Programme at Exeter University and being chair of SWGaTE. He now concentrates on his painting full-time, carrying out initial plein air studies and developing them further in his east Devon studio.
For the OVAS May Demo, artist Matt Culmer chose to rework a Sidmouth scene, capturing its dazzle and glare. His tip for creating painting with a real sense of freshness is "bring all your skill and experience and then paint like you've never ever painted before" - good, if seemingly paradoxical, advice.
You may also want to watch:
As always, the OVAS art demonstrations are open to non-members for an admission fee of £2. For further information visit www.ottervaleartsociety.com
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures