New Hard Edge Abstracts exhibition by Mike Fletcher at Kennaway House, Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
An exhibition of abstract paintings and sculptural ceramics takes place at Kennaway House from Wednesday, August 14 until Wednesday, August 21.
Artist Mike Fletcher is inspired by 'shapes found in the human form, landscapes, and architecture, especially shadows and reflections'.
He specialised in ceramics for many years, but now concentrates on 'Hard Edge' abstract painting, which he first practised as an art student.
"My current work is based on geometric icons; angular shapes repeated; reversed and turned until a harmonious balance is found giving a 'sense of rightness'," he said.
"I love the process of working with acrylic paints and sprays; discovering dynamic reactions between mood evoking flat colour planes. I work on one metre-square canvases, which are ideal for interior design schemes."
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition, New Hard Edge Abstracts, is open from 10am until 4pm and admission is free.
- 1 Making the most of our daily walks by the sea
- 2 Sidmouth musician to host 24hr virtual open mic for cancer charity
- 3 Diamonds are forever - Devon Communities Together launches 60th anniversary campaign
- 4 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 5 Boohoo’s purchase of Arcadia group brands could provide a massive benefit for the High Street
- 6 Sidmouth Cricket Club building new partnerships
- 7 Young people welcome to ‘Youthie’ on Zoom
- 8 If you want something sorted then you better call Sal
- 9 'I strongly believe there is an argument for opening restaurants now'
- 10 It will be good to see Sidmouth town centre 'bustling again'