New Hard Edge Abstracts exhibition by Mike Fletcher at Kennaway House, Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
An exhibition of abstract paintings and sculptural ceramics takes place at Kennaway House from Wednesday, August 14 until Wednesday, August 21.
Artist Mike Fletcher is inspired by 'shapes found in the human form, landscapes, and architecture, especially shadows and reflections'.
He specialised in ceramics for many years, but now concentrates on 'Hard Edge' abstract painting, which he first practised as an art student.
"My current work is based on geometric icons; angular shapes repeated; reversed and turned until a harmonious balance is found giving a 'sense of rightness'," he said.
"I love the process of working with acrylic paints and sprays; discovering dynamic reactions between mood evoking flat colour planes. I work on one metre-square canvases, which are ideal for interior design schemes."
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition, New Hard Edge Abstracts, is open from 10am until 4pm and admission is free.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box