Art exhibition line-up bonanza at Beer
PECORAMA is holding three weeks of art exhibitions, which will include work by local artists. Work will be displayed in the Lecture Theatre at the Beer attraction from Monday, September 14, to Saturday, October 3. Managing director Michael Pritchard said
PECORAMA is holding three weeks of art exhibitions, which will include work by local artists.
Work will be displayed in the Lecture Theatre at the Beer attraction from Monday, September 14, to Saturday, October 3.
Managing director Michael Pritchard said it was the first time they were holding such an exhibition, which they hope will promote local artists and extend the season at Pecorama.
He said: "I just thought it was another interest. It's an experiment. There is a lot of local talent around and we are inviting as many as we can to come and join us."
The first week will show a selection of prints from Brook Gallery's collection, together with sculpture from Caroline Waterlow, Paul Benyovits and Budleigh Salterton artist Neil Anderson. A film will explain the process involved.
In the second week, Maisie Hill, from Lyme Regis, Emma Weal, from Honiton, and Nigel Lord, will be displaying their photography.
- 1 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 2 Air ambulance attends beach fall incident in Sidmouth
- 3 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 4 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 5 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 6 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Chiefs beaten by a powerful second-half from league leaders
- 9 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 10 Popular art exhibition returns this Christmas
There will also be ceramics from Musbury potters Rosemary Jacks and Tim Sargent, along with Linda Gates.
The exhibition will finish with paintings from the Phoenix Abstract Art Group in Exeter, run by Patrick Jones. There will be jewellery from Monica Weber-Butler, from Beer, Rose Cecil and Lucy Campbell. Monica will be around in the afternoons with demonstrations on the methods she uses for making jewellery.
Musbury artist Joly Sargent has work hanging up for sale in the garden.
The opening times will be Monday to Friday from 10am to 5.30pm. For more information visit: www.peco-uk.com/Pecorama/Pecorama.htm