Art exhibition line-up bonanza at Beer
PECORAMA is holding three weeks of art exhibitions, which will include work by local artists. Work will be displayed in the Lecture Theatre at the Beer attraction from Monday, September 14, to Saturday, October 3. Managing director Michael Pritchard said
PECORAMA is holding three weeks of art exhibitions, which will include work by local artists.
Work will be displayed in the Lecture Theatre at the Beer attraction from Monday, September 14, to Saturday, October 3.
Managing director Michael Pritchard said it was the first time they were holding such an exhibition, which they hope will promote local artists and extend the season at Pecorama.
He said: "I just thought it was another interest. It's an experiment. There is a lot of local talent around and we are inviting as many as we can to come and join us."
The first week will show a selection of prints from Brook Gallery's collection, together with sculpture from Caroline Waterlow, Paul Benyovits and Budleigh Salterton artist Neil Anderson. A film will explain the process involved.
In the second week, Maisie Hill, from Lyme Regis, Emma Weal, from Honiton, and Nigel Lord, will be displaying their photography.
- 1 Lifeguards return to Sidmouth beach
- 2 Service veterans 'crowdfund' to buy Queen's Colours flag for Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 4 Injured coast path walker airlifted to hospital
- 5 Neil Parish wont stand in Honiton and Tiverton by-election
- 6 Ceremony launches installation of defibrillator at Ottery Cricket Club
- 7 Property of the Week: Overthorpe, Cliff Road, Sidmouth
- 8 Comedy and horror at Sidbury Manor in film being released next month
- 9 Sidmouth Rugby Club awards ceremony
- 10 Preparations underway for Salcombe Regis Fair while car parking remains a hot topic
There will also be ceramics from Musbury potters Rosemary Jacks and Tim Sargent, along with Linda Gates.
The exhibition will finish with paintings from the Phoenix Abstract Art Group in Exeter, run by Patrick Jones. There will be jewellery from Monica Weber-Butler, from Beer, Rose Cecil and Lucy Campbell. Monica will be around in the afternoons with demonstrations on the methods she uses for making jewellery.
Musbury artist Joly Sargent has work hanging up for sale in the garden.
The opening times will be Monday to Friday from 10am to 5.30pm. For more information visit: www.peco-uk.com/Pecorama/Pecorama.htm