Sidmouth Society of Artists holds Art in the Park exhibition
- Credit: Archant
An open-air exhibition of paintings by members of Sidmouth Society of Artists will take place at Connaught Gardens on Saturday, August 24 between 10am and 4.30pm.
The pictures will be for sale, mostly at discounted prices.
There will be a raffle in aid of Sidmouth Hospiscare, with a print of a painting by local artist Lynda Kettle as the prize. Lynda's watercolour Provence Patio won the Best in Show award at the society's Festival of Art at Kennaway House earlier in the year.
This year the society has invited the Sidmouth Ukulele Band to play from 2pm and arranged for visitors to the exhibition to receive a discount voucher for the Clock Tower Café.
Entry is 10p per person.
You may also want to watch:
Terence Crook from the society said: "What could be better than being out in the lovely gardens on a summer's day, looking at paintings by local artists?
"Come and join in the fun and pick up a bargain at the same time."
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge