Art prize presented at exhibition preview evening
- Credit: Terry Crook
The winner of this year’s Marion Ovens award received her prize at the preview evening of Sidmouth Society of Artists’ exhibition at Kennaway House.
The award is in memory of a long-standing member of the Society.
The well-known Sidmouth artist Matt Culmer chose Judy Ritz's painting Lindisfarne at the preview of the Festival of Art on Wednesday, July 5. There were so many outstanding entries, it took him more than an hour and 20 minutes to make the choice.
Ann England from the Society said: "He was genuinely blown away by the high standard of the paintings, making this was one of the highest quality exhibitions he had seen recently. He chose Judy's painting as its perfect colour coordination jumped out at him when he first arrived."
Highly commended were Karen Steven's Moon Stairs and Maureen Sherman's Enchanted Forest.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is on display at Kennaway House until Monday, July 17. Opening hours are 10am.-4:30pm and admission is just £1, and free for under 18s.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 9 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National