Art Society donation to fund new pottery wheel at Sidmouth College
- Credit: Archant
Young artists will be able to hone their skills following a generous donation to purchase a pottery wheel for Sidmouth College.
Sidmouth Arts Society donated £1,150 to buy the wheel outright, with a further £300 to share between the college and primary school.
Jen Carr, head of art, said: “We look forward to purchasing the pottery wheel to create imaginative projects with our students and expect to showcase their work in a summer exhibition at Kennaway House. Sidmouth as a community continues to work with the College and Art department to provide exciting creative opportunities for our young artists.”
The society approached the schools about collaborating on a project this summer.
Deirdre Hounsom, from the arts society, added: “The art department is very pleased about this, as it will help to give some artistically inclined children an opportunity to learn pottery.
You may also want to watch:
“But it is also a good and tactile method of helping any child who might be withdrawn and not normally engaging in school life.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open