Get creative and keep busy during lockdown
- Credit: Archant
How have you been creative during lockdown?
This is the question Lucy Wheeler from Sidford heard when she turned on her TV to local news channel Spotlight a few weeks ago.
Funnily enough, Lucy has been very creative and wrote to the Sidmouth Herald to encourage our readers to keep busy during lockdown.
She said: “During the summer I went to the beach and started to arrange pebbles, it was a pleasure to spend time by the sea. I enjoyed it so much I kept going, looking for other things to ‘arrange’ and where to present them.
“I have done quite a few on Sidmouth beach with its beautiful red sand. I quite like the idea of leaving the design to disappear and only have the photo as a memory.”
You may also want to watch:
Autumn is the perfect time of year to look out for colourful materials to use as designs.
“It’s a bit cooler now but the colours are beautiful so why not collect a few leaves and be creative! Get out there and feel the breeze....” said Lucy.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 7 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
Lucy points out that she never picks living items for her displays.
Find Lucy’s work on Instagram: Feel_the_Breeze_100