Otter Vale Art Society demonstration
- Credit: Picture: OVAS
Demonstrations by visiting artists take place at the Ottery Institute on the first Friday of each month, and are open to non-members
The Otter Vale Art Society begins a series of demonstrations by visiting artists on Friday, April 5.
Exeter-based SouthWest Arts academician James Tatum is noted for his flamboyant and expressive style, and a touch of showmanship.
He will be producing a landscape in mixed media to demonstrate his techniques.
The demonstration takes place at 7.30pm and is open to non-members of OVAS, for an entrance fee of £2.
You may also want to watch:
OVAS held its AGM on March 1, which also included the judging of a competition to create a piece of art with the theme of Transport. Member Mariette Rennie won the prize with a stylised scene from a tube station. There was also a talk by OVAS member Simon Gray, who produces intricate and meticulous carvings of ducks.
The demonstrations take place at Ottery Institute on the first Friday of every month. Visit www.ottervaleartsociety.com
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 10 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member