Artist demonstration by Lynda White at Otter Vale Art Society
- Credit: Archant
The artist Lynda White will demonstrate her techniques to the Otter Vale Art Society (OVAS) on Friday, September 6.
She grew up on a farm in North Devon and now lives in Axminster. She is well known as both a painter and an art teacher.
Her acrylic and mixed media paintings feature Dorset shorelines, Devon moorland and Cornish cliffs, celebrating the richness and diversity of the local environment.
She produces figurative works and semi-abstracts, aiming to capture a sense of season and place.
The demonstration will take place at The Ottery Institute, from 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The art society held its annual exhibition of members' work between Friday, August 9 and Saturday, August 17, with more than 200 artworks on display.
They were judged by visiting artist Jane Leitch.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
OVAS spokesman Chris Poole said: "We received much unsolicited praise from the public for the remarkably high standard this year.
"And a new feature this year was the very colourful display of art cards for sale featuring the works of OVAS members. These proved to be very popular."