Artist double show in Beer
A MAJOR new show, featuring the works of Tina Morgan and Peter Barker, opens tomorrow at Marine House at Beer. Tina has exhibited at Marine House since its earliest days and has built a national reputation for her impressionist studies of beach and town s
A MAJOR new show, featuring the works of Tina Morgan and Peter Barker, opens tomorrow at Marine House at Beer.
Tina has exhibited at Marine House since its earliest days and has built a national reputation for her impressionist studies of beach and town scenes.
Mike Lambert, gallery joint owner, said: "For this set Tina has widened her geographical reach to beaches and life on the Gironde Estuary in South West France where she takes time off living on a catamaran she and her husband have moved from the more chilly reaches of Exmouth."
Peter, who is newer to the gallery, was discovered by Mike and his wife, Rosemary, in a small gallery in Lincolnshire three years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Mike added: "The precision of his work both large or small, in oil or pastel, make his work compelling viewing. His depiction of river and coastal scenes in all seasons capture in a way that few artists can achieve, the timeless quality of the English landscape. Add to this his virtuoso studies of farm animals and you are presented with a truly captivating set of paintings that has attracted many collectors at the gallery."
The show will run for two weeks at the gallery and the picture can be viewed at www.marinehouseatbeer.co.uk under solo shows.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
For a full colour catalogue and private view invitation ring the gallery on (01297) 680310.