Artist double show in Beer
A MAJOR new show, featuring the works of Tina Morgan and Peter Barker, opens tomorrow at Marine House at Beer. Tina has exhibited at Marine House since its earliest days and has built a national reputation for her impressionist studies of beach and town s
A MAJOR new show, featuring the works of Tina Morgan and Peter Barker, opens tomorrow at Marine House at Beer.
Tina has exhibited at Marine House since its earliest days and has built a national reputation for her impressionist studies of beach and town scenes.
Mike Lambert, gallery joint owner, said: "For this set Tina has widened her geographical reach to beaches and life on the Gironde Estuary in South West France where she takes time off living on a catamaran she and her husband have moved from the more chilly reaches of Exmouth."
Peter, who is newer to the gallery, was discovered by Mike and his wife, Rosemary, in a small gallery in Lincolnshire three years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Mike added: "The precision of his work both large or small, in oil or pastel, make his work compelling viewing. His depiction of river and coastal scenes in all seasons capture in a way that few artists can achieve, the timeless quality of the English landscape. Add to this his virtuoso studies of farm animals and you are presented with a truly captivating set of paintings that has attracted many collectors at the gallery."
The show will run for two weeks at the gallery and the picture can be viewed at www.marinehouseatbeer.co.uk under solo shows.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 8 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 9 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 10 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
For a full colour catalogue and private view invitation ring the gallery on (01297) 680310.