Artists celebrates 90th birthday with exhibition
- Credit: Archant
It is a great way to celebrate your 90th birthday. Kenneth Appleton has a special exhibition at Kennaway House in Sidmouth to mark his milestone this month.
He has about 50 paintings for the show, which opens on Monday, April 16, and runs until April 23.
“I’m very lucky. I think it’s outstanding,” he said. “I’m looking forward to it.”
A former mechanical engineering manager, he and his wife Joyce retired to East Devon in 2001 from Scotland and became members of art societies in Sidmouth, Seaton and Ottery St Mary.
“I lost my wife two-and-a-half years ago, so it was a help doing painting. I was doing two or three a week,” said Kenneth.
You may also want to watch:
He paints in water-based oils and is particularly fond of painting beautiful women he sees on the television.
His daughter from the USA and son from Shropshire came to Devon to help him celebrate his birthday.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future