Aston Martin ‘icing on cake’ at charity film screening
- Credit: Archant
A film screening of the new James Bond film in aid of the Admiral Nurse Campaign was given a stylish boost - by the arrival of an Aston Martin.
Newton Poppleford resident Steve Robinson drove an Aston Martin DB9, worth £145,000, to the Radway Cinema for the Sid Valley Memory Café’s fundraiser last Friday.
The brand manger at Grange Exeter donated a test drive in the fictional spy’s favourite mode of transport, as part of a blind auction - and it was snapped up for £130.
The 50-year-old, who was accompanied by two ‘Bond girls’, daughters Grace and Ella, said he was delighted to help the campaign.
Steve said: “I read about it in the paper, but I was at the Radway on Wednesday to watch Spectre and saw they were having a collection and that reminded me.”
You may also want to watch:
Inside the Radway, guests, dressed to the nines, added another £1,600 to the campaign.
The £100k appeal is approaching the half-way mark for a specialist dementia nurse.
- 1 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Rachel Johnstone, chairman of the memory café, thanked Claire Jenkins, of Fields, for her help in organising the event.
Rachel said: “It was a really great night and week collecting for the campaign, but the icing on the cake was the Aston Martin. For him [Steve] to turn up with the car was amazing.”
The memory café has thanked local businesses, including: The Chattery; Cook’s Corner; Fields of Sidmouth; Paper Moon; Pure Indulgence; Radway Cinema; Roly’s Fudge; Wyvale Sidmouth Garden Centre; Sidsoft; Victoria Hotel and Woolbrook News, for providing raffle prizes for the event.