Meet fantasy author at Sidmouth library
- Credit: Archant
Young writer will be there to chat about his debut novel, published last May
The Devon-based fantasy author Daniel Hill will be at Sidmouth Library on Saturday, January 12 to chat about his recently published debut novel.
Daniel grew up in Budleigh Salterton but now lives in Exeter.
He began writing his novel, The Rise of the Apostate, six years ago, and it took him four years to find a publisher. The book was finally published last May.
It tells the story of a man who wakes to find that his village has fallen victim to a dark curse, killing everyone except him. He meets a mysterious stranger who belongs to an ancient order of magical warriors, and sets out to join them and fight the forces of evil.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel will be at the library from 9.30 until 12.00, and anyone can drop in to talk to him over a coffee. There is no charge for the session, which is part of Devon Libraries’ Active Life Active Mind programme.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 9 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National