Meet fantasy author at Sidmouth library
- Credit: Archant
Young writer will be there to chat about his debut novel, published last May
The Devon-based fantasy author Daniel Hill will be at Sidmouth Library on Saturday, January 12 to chat about his recently published debut novel.
Daniel grew up in Budleigh Salterton but now lives in Exeter.
He began writing his novel, The Rise of the Apostate, six years ago, and it took him four years to find a publisher. The book was finally published last May.
It tells the story of a man who wakes to find that his village has fallen victim to a dark curse, killing everyone except him. He meets a mysterious stranger who belongs to an ancient order of magical warriors, and sets out to join them and fight the forces of evil.
You may also want to watch:
Daniel will be at the library from 9.30 until 12.00, and anyone can drop in to talk to him over a coffee. There is no charge for the session, which is part of Devon Libraries’ Active Life Active Mind programme.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon