Award delight for Beer Puffin's Natalie
A BEER Puffins Pre-School worker has received a prestigious national award for her outstanding achievement. Natalie Puddicombe, 36, of Causeway, not only received a highly commended award for a City and Guild Medal of Excellence but was given the top acco
A BEER Puffins Pre-School worker has received a prestigious national award for her outstanding achievement.
Natalie Puddicombe, 36, of Causeway, not only received a highly commended award for a City and Guild Medal of Excellence but was given the top accolade in the Tallow Chandler's Prize.
She was presented with the top prize, a silver candlestick, as well as a medal, certificate and cheque for �500 at a ceremony in London on February 17.
Natalie, who had worked at the pre-school for nine years, was put forward for the guild award by her assessor at Acacia, the company who helped her train for her NVQ Level 3.
You may also want to watch:
The judges were so impressed with the nomination put forward that they went a step further and awarded her the Tallow Chandler's Prize.
Natalie said: "It was really just a shock but it was a fantastic day. The presentation ceremony was at Tallow Chandler's headquarters and my dad and sister came with me. We were wined and dined and we had a brilliant time.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
"I would like to thank my assessor, Trish Warwick for supporting me and nominating me for the award."
Trish said: "I am delighted that Natalie's selfless attitude and commitment to her studies has been rewarded in this way. Natalie is the heart and soul of the community."
A presentation ceremony will take place at the pre-school on March 17 at 2.30pm.