Award delight for Beer Puffin's Natalie
A BEER Puffins Pre-School worker has received a prestigious national award for her outstanding achievement. Natalie Puddicombe, 36, of Causeway, not only received a highly commended award for a City and Guild Medal of Excellence but was given the top acco
A BEER Puffins Pre-School worker has received a prestigious national award for her outstanding achievement.
Natalie Puddicombe, 36, of Causeway, not only received a highly commended award for a City and Guild Medal of Excellence but was given the top accolade in the Tallow Chandler's Prize.
She was presented with the top prize, a silver candlestick, as well as a medal, certificate and cheque for �500 at a ceremony in London on February 17.
Natalie, who had worked at the pre-school for nine years, was put forward for the guild award by her assessor at Acacia, the company who helped her train for her NVQ Level 3.
You may also want to watch:
The judges were so impressed with the nomination put forward that they went a step further and awarded her the Tallow Chandler's Prize.
Natalie said: "It was really just a shock but it was a fantastic day. The presentation ceremony was at Tallow Chandler's headquarters and my dad and sister came with me. We were wined and dined and we had a brilliant time.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Hospitality needs a 'seat at cabinet the table' in Westminster - Michael Caines
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 9 TOTO TALK - musings of a dog about town
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
"I would like to thank my assessor, Trish Warwick for supporting me and nominating me for the award."
Trish said: "I am delighted that Natalie's selfless attitude and commitment to her studies has been rewarded in this way. Natalie is the heart and soul of the community."
A presentation ceremony will take place at the pre-school on March 17 at 2.30pm.