Award for Jurassic Coast team
- Credit: Archant
The Jurassic Coast World Heritage Team has won national recognition for its efforts to involve others with the site.
It has been awarded the 2016 Geographical Award for its ‘outstanding collaborative work to foster student and wider public engagement with the Jurassic Coastline’.
The award is given by the Royal Geographical Society in conjunction with the Institute for British Geographers.
These prestigious awards recognise excellence in geographical research and fieldwork, teaching and public engagement.
Sam Rose, Jurassic Coast manager, said: “We are truly honoured to have received this prestigious award, and humbled to be ranked alongside some of the world’s greatest geographers.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a testament to the outstanding work of the Jurassic Coast team over the last 16 years, and the passion and enthusiasm of many people who have worked so hard to help engage the public with understanding and appreciating this special World Heritage Site.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride