Axminster Service of Light
A SERVICE of Light will be held in Axminster to remember loved ones on November 27. Organised by local charity Hospiscare, the service will take place at St Mary the Virgin Church at 7pm. Part of a series of remembrance series taking place across the re
A SERVICE of Light will be held in Axminster to remember loved ones on November 27.
Organised by local charity Hospiscare, the service will take place at St Mary the Virgin Church at 7pm.
Part of a series of remembrance series taking place across the region, the service is open to everyone who would like to remember someone they have lost.
Hospiscare media PR officer Leigh Franks said: "The Services of Light are a positive way to remember a loved one as well as a chance to remember alongside others, so there is a great sense of mutual support.
You may also want to watch:
"Hospsiscare cares for families throughout an illness and our bereavement team continues to provide support for as long as necessary."
Anyone who has lost a loved one can dedicate a light to them, which will shine on Hospiscare's Tree of Light on Exeter's Cathedral Green throughout the festive season. All dedications will be entered into Hospiscare's Book of Memory, which will be on display at the service in Axminster until January 6.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
Anybody wishing to make a donation and dedicate a light should call Hospiscare on 01392 688020 or visit www.hospiscare.co.uk or call into the Axminster Hospiscare shop for more information.