Bag a bargain at Ottery St Mary scouts’ giant jumble
- Credit: Archant
Groups prepare for mammoth annual fundraiser
Shoppers young and old have a chance to bag a bargain when Ottery scouts’ biggest annual fundraiser kicks off on Saturday.
The mammoth event stretches across three Yonder Street venues and two weekends - with one of the highlights being a public auction of 100 prize lots. This is being held tomorrow afternoon in The Institute at 2.15pm.
Visitors can rummage through books, CDs and DVDs at the Coleridge Pre-school in Yonder Street from 11.30am, followed by sales of antiques, games, china, electrical items, furniture and bric-a-brac in The Institute and the Old Boys’ School throughout the afternoon.
An army of scouts, volunteers and parents have been drafted in to help collect, sort and organise the jumble – a process that keeps the groups busy for weeks running up to the event.
You may also want to watch:
Scout group leader John Green said: “It’s always fantastic to see the community come together. We are always astonished by how generous everyone is with their donations to the event and we want to thank people in advance for their support.”
The second event is held on Saturday, February 6, at The Institute, with the sale of clothes, shoes and homeware.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
Each event will feature plenty of tea and cake sold by volunteers in The Institute.