Sidmouth pub makeover in time for World Cup
- Credit: Archant
A pub in Sidmouth is ‘World Cup ready’ after installing a new outside bar in its garden and a pull-down big screen for watching the games.
The Balfour, in Woolbrook Road has given the garden at the rear a complete makeover with new plants and tables laid out so customers can watch the football on a large screen.
Landlord Colin Griggs and his wife Karen carried out the work themselves.
The new outside bar is called the Kazbar and includes souvenirs from their foreign trips, like a wooden camel.
“We wanted more of a happy, relaxed atmosphere,” Karen said. “It’s going to be a great place for people to come along and watch the games.”
You may also want to watch:
They have revamped the menu and there is also a bouncy castle for children and the couple are planning to install a play area later in the year.
They bought the pub a year ago. Colin is a former policeman and Karen was a chef for Loch Fyne and the Rothschilds.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National