Sidmouth pub makeover in time for World Cup
- Credit: Archant
A pub in Sidmouth is ‘World Cup ready’ after installing a new outside bar in its garden and a pull-down big screen for watching the games.
The Balfour, in Woolbrook Road has given the garden at the rear a complete makeover with new plants and tables laid out so customers can watch the football on a large screen.
Landlord Colin Griggs and his wife Karen carried out the work themselves.
The new outside bar is called the Kazbar and includes souvenirs from their foreign trips, like a wooden camel.
“We wanted more of a happy, relaxed atmosphere,” Karen said. “It’s going to be a great place for people to come along and watch the games.”
You may also want to watch:
They have revamped the menu and there is also a bouncy castle for children and the couple are planning to install a play area later in the year.
They bought the pub a year ago. Colin is a former policeman and Karen was a chef for Loch Fyne and the Rothschilds.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon