Band hits the right notes to raise £100 for Devon Air Ambulance Trust
- Credit: Archant
The East Devon Daytime Band has hit all the right notes to raise £100 for Devon Air Ambulance Trust.
The band held its first even Christmas carolling event in December and performed outside Sainsbury’s in Ottery to raise money for the charity.
Members presented a cheque to Simon Card OBE at a recent practice, which is held in Tipton St John Community Hall on Wednesday mornings.
Chairman Trevor Heynes added the group is looking for someone to lead the band and would like to appoint an honorary musical director to run their weekly sessions.
He said: “We are now seeking an Honorary MD to help the growth and development of the band: a sympathetic, kind spirited, experienced musician with a sound understanding of the brass musical genre to take up the baton and help move the band forward.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit http://eastdevondaytimeband.weebly.com/ or contact Trevor on 01395 708766 or by email email@example.com.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out