Banners proposed for historic Sidmouth store
- Credit: Archant
Banners will advertise one of the Sid Valley’s most iconic shops if a planning application is approved.
The owners of Fields of Sidmouth hope to install two double-sided fabric signs that will project from the Market Place store.
The application says ‘extensive work’ is being undertaken to refurbish the internal elements of the department store and its entire façade has been completely redecorated.
It adds: “With the new signage that has been installed, it is now felt that it is important to ‘signpost’ the main entrance with signage that projects from the building.
“The proposed new banners will be sympathetic in scale and design to the new building shopfront.”
You may also want to watch:
Work has been carried out over the last 12 months and will continue during 2018.
The banners will measure 1.8 metres by 60 centimetres.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
East Devon District Council will decide the fate of the application.