Barbara’s 20-year commitment to Fields
- Credit: Archant
A hard-working employee and the second of four family generations to work in Fields’ department store has celebrated 20 years’ service.
Barbara Hodge, of Chambers Close, was presented with a gift from company directors for her long-standing commitment as a coffee shop assistant.
Previous experience and an ability to cook landed Barbara the job in 1995 and she went on to run the kitchen before going back to part-time hours.
“I have always loved cooking and we always got on well as a team,” said Barbara, 65.
“Most of us have worked here a long time.”
You may also want to watch:
Barbara’s husband, Jim, worked in Fields’ warehouse for 14 years before his recent retirement and her daughter, Jacky, and grandson, Matheu, have also done stints as company employees.
Prior to this, Barbara’s mother-in-law was the first of four generations to be employed by the company.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 7 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
Coffee shop manager Paul Grainger said: “Barbara is hard-working, loyal and consistent.
“It has been refreshing, a privilege and a pleasure working alongside her. We are very lucky to have Barbara’s commitment and congratulate her on reaching the 20-year milestone.”