Barbershop group to sing in harmony for Salcombe Regis Church fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
On Saturday, October 21, at 7.30pm, the Close Shaves barbershop group will be performing a charity concert of close harmony singing at All Saints Church.
The group has performed at charity events in Sidmouth before and this concert is in support of the Friends of Salcombe Regis Church.
The evening will also celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Close Shaves’ formation in 1992 in a bar in Jacksonville, Florida – they were all members of the Bach Choir who were touring the USA.
Their late-night singing on that occasion is said to have kept the musical director of the choir, Sir David Willcocks, awake!
Founding member Chris Michelmore was born and raised in Sidmouth and went on to sing as a chorister at Exeter Cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
He is delighted the group has been asked back. He said: “We sing a range of music, from the 1930s Gershwin and Cole Porter to the Beatles, Everly Brothers and barbershop in between.
“We are very excited about getting together from the various corners of the country to sing in Sidmouth again, and to help raise funds for a very worthwhile cause.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
Tickets for the concert are £15 (to include wine and canapés in the interval) and can be purchased in advance from Paragon Books or from Mrs Michelmore by calling 01395 513112.
Tickets will also be available on the door.