Barclays' search for business heroes
BARCLAYS has launched a search for Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary s business heroes .
BARCLAYS has launched a search for Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary's "business heroes".
The bank wants to find men and women who have "turned their lives around" by choosing to start up a business as part of its national Trading Places Awards scheme.
John Davis ,Barclays marketing director for local business, said: "Trading Places is a celebration of inspiring people who have struggled through adversity to get their businesses up and running - and that's even more relevant in today's turbulent times."
Winners walk away with �5,000 for their business and all national finalists will receive �2,000 worth of computer software from awards supporter Microsoft.
You may also want to watch:
Entries for the Awards, now in their fifth year, must be in by May 22. Nomination leaflets are available by calling 0800 085 3203 or visiting www.barclays.co.uk/tradingplaces.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 4 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 What will you find in this year's butterfly count?
- 7 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 10 Young talent emerging in local cricket