Barclays' search for business heroes
BARCLAYS has launched a search for Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary s business heroes .
BARCLAYS has launched a search for Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary's "business heroes".
The bank wants to find men and women who have "turned their lives around" by choosing to start up a business as part of its national Trading Places Awards scheme.
John Davis ,Barclays marketing director for local business, said: "Trading Places is a celebration of inspiring people who have struggled through adversity to get their businesses up and running - and that's even more relevant in today's turbulent times."
Winners walk away with �5,000 for their business and all national finalists will receive �2,000 worth of computer software from awards supporter Microsoft.
You may also want to watch:
Entries for the Awards, now in their fifth year, must be in by May 22. Nomination leaflets are available by calling 0800 085 3203 or visiting www.barclays.co.uk/tradingplaces.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 10 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh