Barclays' search for business heroes
BARCLAYS has launched a search for Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary s business heroes .
BARCLAYS has launched a search for Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary's "business heroes".
The bank wants to find men and women who have "turned their lives around" by choosing to start up a business as part of its national Trading Places Awards scheme.
John Davis ,Barclays marketing director for local business, said: "Trading Places is a celebration of inspiring people who have struggled through adversity to get their businesses up and running - and that's even more relevant in today's turbulent times."
Winners walk away with �5,000 for their business and all national finalists will receive �2,000 worth of computer software from awards supporter Microsoft.
You may also want to watch:
Entries for the Awards, now in their fifth year, must be in by May 22. Nomination leaflets are available by calling 0800 085 3203 or visiting www.barclays.co.uk/tradingplaces.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 4 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 5 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 6 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 7 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 8 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect