Barn bid approved in Salcombe Regis and other news
An application to build a new barn for calf rearing at a farm in Salcombe Regis has been approved. Read this and more.
PLANNING: An application to build a new barn for calf rearing at a farm in Salcombe Regis has been approved. The owners of Chelson Farm put in plans in April, which were passed by planners at East Devon District Council last week, subject to conditions over preventing pollution from the new barn.
NEW HOUSE: Plans to build a single-storey dwelling on land adjacent to a house on Woolbrook Road have been approved. The existing outbuildings on the plot next to number 119 are to be removed and replaced with the new home, which was granted planning permission by East Devon District Council last week.
You may also want to watch:
COASTGUARD: Sidmouth Coastguards investigated a report from the public of a small boat thought to be in trouble off the seafront on Wednesday, June 13. A boat matching the description was found to have landed safely earlier, according to a fisherman.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Yellow weather warning for Devon
- 8 Let's have a jab at the protection racket as Covid debate continues
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
OLYMPIC TICKETS: Sidmouth College has a number of tickets for women’s football events at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, including for Great Britain matches, to give away to students who write the best statement in support of Olympic values.
FOREIGN EXCHANGE: Swiss students have been hosted by year nine language students from Sidmouth College this week. A number of recreational activities culminated with a traditional fish and chip supper on Thursday.