Fire crews called to barn fire at Coombelake
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews from Ottery St Mary, Middlemoor and Honiton tackled a barn fire at Coombelake in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday).
The barn, which contained hay and farming equipment, was well alight when crews arrived just before 1am.
Crews got to work to bring the fire under control, as well as evacuating animals from the building, and protect surrounding buildings.
The fire service received multiple calls from members of the public reporting the fire.
A water carrier from Danes Castle was also mobilised, as was a further pumping appliance from Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the incident was ongoing, and crews remain on the scene tackling the fire.
Honiton Fire Station said relief crews would be taking over this morning, as the incident would be ‘ongoing for some time’.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences