Fire crews called to barn fire at Coombelake
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews from Ottery St Mary, Middlemoor and Honiton tackled a barn fire at Coombelake in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday).
The barn, which contained hay and farming equipment, was well alight when crews arrived just before 1am.
Crews got to work to bring the fire under control, as well as evacuating animals from the building, and protect surrounding buildings.
The fire service received multiple calls from members of the public reporting the fire.
A water carrier from Danes Castle was also mobilised, as was a further pumping appliance from Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the incident was ongoing, and crews remain on the scene tackling the fire.
Honiton Fire Station said relief crews would be taking over this morning, as the incident would be ‘ongoing for some time’.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank