Fire crews called to barn fire at Coombelake
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews from Ottery St Mary, Middlemoor and Honiton tackled a barn fire at Coombelake in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday).
The barn, which contained hay and farming equipment, was well alight when crews arrived just before 1am.
Crews got to work to bring the fire under control, as well as evacuating animals from the building, and protect surrounding buildings.
The fire service received multiple calls from members of the public reporting the fire.
A water carrier from Danes Castle was also mobilised, as was a further pumping appliance from Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the incident was ongoing, and crews remain on the scene tackling the fire.
Honiton Fire Station said relief crews would be taking over this morning, as the incident would be ‘ongoing for some time’.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences