Bash balsam then enjoy BBQ in Newton Poppleford
- Credit: Archant
Villagers are being called on to help tackle an invasive weed that is taking over Newton Poppleford from 9.30am tomorrow (Saturday).
Volunteers will be out bashing Himalayan balsam before the seed pods explode in August and spread the plant further.
Four events are planned, with each followed by a free barbecue for helpers that is being sponsored by the parish council.
Tomorrow’s will start with a lesson at the Pavilion in Back Lane to recognise the weed and learn how to pull it out.
Groups of four to six people will then go off to areas known to be full of it.
You may also want to watch:
The next event will be on July 22, then on August 19 and September 16 to finish off and pull out any plants that were missed.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead